Jan
19

The Icing on the Cake

cupcake_earthOur two weeks of looking after the student friends international blog, Bringing Us Together, is over and now, we’re looking forward to seeing what appears from the next groups in charge. Taking the reigns for this short time was an interesting feeling knowing that we were a part of something much bigger than our class blog. 

It was great to see a few Ripplers volunteered to write guest posts to help get things started as well and they are definitely worth checking out. They offered great advice, insight, and information about topics that are important to many of us here on this side of the world. 

Enjoy the read! I know I did.

image: Individually Boxed Earth Cupcakes by clevercupcakes through Creative Commons license

11 Responses to “The Icing on the Cake”

1.   Shania Says:

I really enjoyed making the olympic post with Hannan and I also liked reading the other posts.

•   Mrs. Braidwood Says:

You wrote a great post together. It’s hard to believe the Olympics are only 7 days away now! Thanks for making a great contribution. Remember to keep checking back to see if you need to respond to any more comments.

2.   kennedy Says:

It was really fun having to take care of another blog for a 2 weeks! I am sure the other poeple that are taking care of it will do great!

•   Mrs. Braidwood Says:

I’m looking forward to reading what other groups post as well. I’m glad you enjoyed writing your post. A lot of people connected with your comments about strays. Remember to keep checking to see if the conversations continue.

Thanks for volunteering!

3.   tanner Says:

It was kind of interesting that we were running a blog bigger than our own blogs.

•   Mrs. Braidwood Says:

It is pretty neat, isn’t it. It will be interesting to see how many different countries are represented by the groups taking charge of it for each two week period. I really like the idea that this is a global effort and it extends beyond our community, province, and even country.

4.   Caleb Says:

That cupcake looks so good I could just eat the computer.

•   Mrs. Braidwood Says:

Thanks for visiting Caleb. If you think that cupcake looks yummy, you should check out some of our student blogs dedicated to food! Myah and Kennedy have pretty delicious looking blogs. :)

5.   Miss W. Says:

Thank you all very much for taking charge of the blog for two weeks. I think Mrs Smith and Huzzah are in charge next, then Inpi from Portugal. You will need to translate those posts into English when you read them.

The next student blogging challenge will be starting at the beginning of March but classes will be able to register tomorrow and students next week. We now have a new blog for the challenge http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org

•   Mrs. Braidwood Says:

Thanks Mrs Wyatt. It was a great experience to be part of something bigger than our own blogs. Thanks for including us. We’ll definitely see you in March!

6.   Hannan Says:

Hi everyone! I have made a post on the Bringing us Together blog about the Olympics! I can’t wait to see all the comments we (Shania and I) can get! :)